1 reply to this topic

#1 Membarock

Membarock

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 12:39 AM

Hello Everyone,

I recently finished my first novel using Storyist for Mac. I have decided to self-publish using Amazon CreateSpace (I realize that Storyist isn't ideal for self-publishing). 

The problem is that I must now insert a title page, copyright page, and a dedication page into my finished manuscript. I can't figure out how to place the three new pages into the same file (ahead of all the body text) without messing up the formatting. 

I tried saving the title/copyright/dedication as separate files, but CreateSpace requires everything to be submitted in a single file.

Please help.

#2 Steve

Steve

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,770 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 11:07 PM

Hi Membarock,

If you're creating a PDF, the easiest thing to do would be to save your manuscript, title page, and copyright page as PDF files and then use the  Preview app to assemble them into a single document.

You could also paste the title page and dedication text into your manuscript and apply the appropriate styles. You'd need to adjust the page numbering too.

-Steve

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: novel manuscript, title page, copyright page, dedication page

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users