It takes advantage of the fact that Storyist uses the document’s title for the entry in the ePub Table of Contents if the document doesn’t contain any text with heading-level styles.
When you create an ePub version of this project, the Table of Contents will be:
- Title Page
- Chapter 1
- Chapter 2
- Chose File > Export.
- Select “eBook” from the Format popup.
- Select “ePub Document (.epub)” from the Format popup.
- Click the Presets button and choose “eBook (with Front Matter).” This will initialize the export with the preset that has been setup for this project.
- Click Next. As you step through the export steps, notice how the project is arranged.
- The space between paragraphs in the Title Page is achieved with a non-breaking space (option+space). HTML (on which ePub is based) removes other types of whitespace when displaying the content.
- The cover image is 600 px x 800 px. This is a reasonable trade off between resolution and file size and works well on most devices. If you’re targeting only iPad, you might want to make it slightly larger.